Pillar Machine | TSS – Trim, Score and Saw Machine
The TSS machine was designed to cut materials that are susceptible to tear out as well as for pack cutting of multiple parts at the same time. The saw will feature two counter rotating saws mounted above and below one another. The bottom saw is designed for pre-scoring parts prior to cut off to prevent tear out. The bottom spindle is designed to accept a 6″ diameter scoring saw and is powered by a 1 1/2 HP motor. Spindle speed is 4700 RPM. The top spindle is designed for a 12″ diameter saw blade and is powered by a 3 HP motor with a spindle speed of 4700 RPM as well. Saw blade travel is horizontal via linear bearings. It is powered by a pneumatic cylinder with adjustable flow controls. For Safety, horizontally mounted pneumatic work clamps are installed on each side of the cut-off saw and are equipped with a proximity switch to release only after full saw blade retraction.
The TSS is compatible with various linear positioning systems such as Razorgage.
The TSS performs the following functions:
- Max width: 12″
- Max Height: 2″
- 2 couter rotating saws, one for scoring and the other for the final cut – eliminating tear out.
- User friendly interface
Advantages of The TSS:
- No backer board or chip breakers required
- Tear out free parts every time
- Accurate spindle adjustment for tool alignment
- Part stays fixed while the carriage moves
- Simple to use
- Useful with a varietey of applications (Shutters, Dove Tail drawer material, Passage door material etc)
- Waste chute
- Additional part clamping options