Pillar Machine | LARICK 5000 Series Sander
The LARICK 5000 Series machine can be configured to sand the top, bottom or sides of parts utilizing a chain driven roller feed system. It has a fixed height conveyor.
5000 SERIES SANDER
The 5000 Series machine can be configured to sand the top, bottom or sides of parts utilizing a chain driven roller feed system. It has a fixed height conveyor.
The top and bottom spindles are belt driven with full power down to 450 RPM. Side heads may be direct drive with horizontal, vertical and tilt adjustments, or belt driven for increased torque. Speed and direction are controlled from the touchscreen. Each motor’s load is also displayed.
Pillar Machine will build the 5000 series machine to fit your needs for width, height, and number of Top, Bottom or Side Heads.
Inverters control the feed rate, spindle speed, and rotational direction. Larger diameter sanding and wire brushes deliver best results. Top and bottom spindles are belt driven for increased torque. Side heads may have tilt and vertical adjustment with direct drive motors, or be belt driven to increase torque.
The 5000 Series is designed with a small footprint, is rugged, dependable, and manufactured with as many ‘off the shelf’ parts as possible to minimize downtime and maintenance.
- Spindles: Various combinations of Top, Bottom and sides, 1.25” diameter
- Voltage: 208-240V, 400-480V, or 575V 3ph
- Variable Speed: AC Inverter, 200-900rpm
- Conveyor: Various widths, 4-47 ft/min std
- View of Side Heads Opening Height: Up to 12”
The model HP5D is a horizontal point to point bore and dowel insertion and panel groove machining center. It is designed to CNC position a drill spindle, bore a hole, then CNC position the dowel inserter, inject glue or water (for pre-glued dowels), and insert the dowel into the hole. As well as cut a panel groove in the center section of the inside edge of the door stile and the entire inside edge of the door rail material.
A part is placed into the work zone referencing the back and side fences. The palm button is pressed, and the clamps secure the part into place. The machining is now ready to begin in the work zone. There are two fixed zones and two pop up zones standard in the base model HP5D allowing for pendulum processing. While the one part is being machined, the other zone(s) can be loaded and queued for machining.
The standard HP5D is equipped with a single horizontal drill and glue/dowel insertion unit that is set up for 8 mm diameter dowels. The HP5D has 4 work zones, standard, with the left and right fences removable for the processing of longer length panels.
The HP5D performs the following functions:
- Horizontal Boring
- Panel Grooving
- Glue Insertion
- Dowel Insertion
The HP5D will drill holes, insert dowels and cut panel grooves on stiles and rails. This makes the HP5D an all-in-one drilling, doweling and grooving machine.
- 3 HP high frequency 18,000 RPM direct drive routing spindle for horizontal boring
- 7 HP high frequency 18,000 RPM direct drive routing spindle mounted vertically for panel grooving
- X Axis CNC control for positioning
- 15″ industrial color touchscreen for creating and selecting programs
- 4 zones
- 4 clamp units
- Panel Grooving Tooling
- Digital mechanical readouts for height and depth
- 60″ work zone
- Heavy duty 2000 lb. frame
- 1″ thick machined aluminum work surface covered with a 3M maintenance free non-slip surface
- Our standard sealed glue injecting system injects glue or water with little to no maintenance.
- Small footprint to conserve floor space
- Our “protrusionator” dowel inserter allows for adjustment of dowel protrusion.
Advantages of The HP5D:
- Quick, accurate assembly of TFL doors
- Elimination of complicated machine setup
- Perform multiple machining operations on one machine reducing the amount of time the part is being transferred.
- Gain production times on CNC routers and Point to Points by shifting boring, doweling and grooving to the HP5D.